ICE CREAM TACOS
prep time: 15 minutes
What you need:
Smallest tortilla shells you can find (white or whole wheat)
1 Tbsp cinnamon
¼ cup white sugar
3 Tbsp melted butter
Tinfoil (create small tubes to use as spacers when baking tortillas)
Any ice cream flavor
2 cups chocolate melting wafers (or chocolate chips)
1 Tbsp butter
1 Tbsp corn syrup
Decorating items (nuts, sprinkles, smarties, etc.)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brush the melted butter onto one side of the tortilla shells.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar together and generously sprinkle over the buttered tortilla shell.
- Using the tinfoil tubes, fold the tortillas in half, with the cinnamon sugar side to be on the inside, creating the taco shell.
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and stiff to touch.
- Allow your taco shells to cool.
- Melt chocolate, butter and corn syrup until a nice dipping consistency has been achieved.
- Take taco shell, pack full with ice cream and smooth around the edges with a spoon or knife.
- Quickly dip in chocolate and sprinkle with choice of decorations.
- Place in freezer for 15-20 minutes to allow the ice cream to set.
Recipe source: http://bit.ly/FoodNetwork-icecreamtaco